Friday, November 13, 2009

M.A.G early look

M.A.G early look:




M.A.G or Massive Action Game, is a first person shooter (FPS) that promises a massive war experience with 3 factions battling it out on 64 to an amazing 256 player maps.

The biggest concern of the game is the lag and can they pull off a seamless title with that many people at once…the simple answer is yes, yes they can and yes they did.

Now for the long answer the game is INTENSE the war going on all around you makes you feel like you are in a massive battle that can go any direction at anytime. The leader system plays well and often brings a strong feeling of being a detrimental role in a unit of people counting on you to do your job for the overall success of the battle. From the time I entered my last battle until the end I was completely engaged. I found myself standing in the middle of a massive battle field looking at all the elements of the war going on around me. I shortly after took a bullet to the forehead from a sniper who was a good half mile away from me…oops.

All that its going on around makes you focus hard to not get distracted and get yourself killed.

The thing that impressed me a lot was the talent tree type of system they are using in the game that allows you to fully customize your char in unique ways to fit your play style. You gain experience based on what you do in the battle field and level up. Every level you get a point to put into customizing your char.

Now in the beta there are a few problems that I’m sure they will be fixing before launch in Jan 2010. The clan system and friend system is a little broken at the moment and there is a small random chance entire units will freeze. But these are problems they HAVE to fix and they will.

I was a fan of Zipper Interactive sense the first Socom title for the playstation. I stayed a fan through socom 1, 2 and 3. It was very obvious that Zipper did not make socom: confrontation for the PS3. I have come to expect a level of perfection from Zipper when they make their war games. I’m seeing them go above and beyond in MAG and I can’t wait for its launch in January.

This game will very easily de throne Modern warfare 2 for online FPS. That is without a doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment